2013 Joint Engineer Training Conference (JETC) on
May 21-24 – San Diego Convention Center
Volunteers (SAME members) are needed to work the 2013 JETC to be hosted by the San Diego Post. There are several areas where we will need help with general titles and descriptions as follows:
• On-Site Registration (we will need volunteers in the registration area at all times to help SAME staff and to provide customer service, stuffing bags, etc.)
• On-Site Programs (Directing participants to opening session, honors luncheon, society ball, program events, breakfast events, SAME National events, etc.)
• Off-Site Events (Ice Breaker, golf tournament, tour events, physical fitness events, etc.)
• On-Site Operations (Protocol management, technical sessions management, scanning badges, placing signs as directed, etc.)
It is anticipated that approximately 75 people will be needed. Volunteers will be accepted on a first come basis. Please note that an all-volunteer orientation is scheduled for Monday, May 20th from 12 – 2 pm.
If you are interested, please register online or download and fill out the WordDoc roster form and return via e-mail to Diane Elias at email@example.com. Please call (858) 614-5025 or email with questions.
General JETC 2013 information can be found at http://s3.goeshow.com/same/jetc/2013/
- Anytime you are volunteering, you should be in a volunteer shirt.
- Parking will not be paid by SAME.
- The volunteer shirt will grant you access to all events and the exhibit hall without a ticket, registration or badge.
- If you volunteer for a couple hours one day, you can certainly stick around in your shirt and attend other things. The catch is that we may grab you to do some additional volunteering and you CANNOT conduct business at your company booth.
- If you are not wearing a volunteer shirt, you can conduct all the business you want, but then you are subject to the same fees as everybody else.
- We are not going to extract volunteer hours from conference fees.
- Getting a free conference registration is not a good reason to volunteer; it makes for a lot of people mixing their professional work with their volunteer work. Volunteers should consider doing something on two days of the week so that they only have to purchase a one day registration or specific event tickets in order to enjoy the full conference.
- If you are wearing a volunteer shirt, you should always check in with the Volunteer Coordinator or Deputy so that they know you are there to volunteer.
- The exception to these rules is the Society Ball where volunteers will not be wearing a volunteer shirt. We will inform volunteers regarding their responsibilities and attire at a later time.
SAME Orange County is one of more than 120 posts that make up The Society of American Military Engineers, a professional engineering association connecting architects, engineers and builders in the public sector and private industry, uniting them to improve individual and collective capabilities. Our goal is to unite A/E/C entities and individuals in the public and private sector so that we can prepare for - and overcome - natural and manmade disasters, acts of terrorism and improve security at home and abroad.
Formed “in the interest of National Defense… bringing together all phases of U.S. engineering, [in both the] civil sector and military, for the advancement of knowledge… and the rapid mobilization of engineering capabilities.”
More website improvements coming soon.